Urban Manual 2016-'17 (850/800FC/800/650/500/350)
The Urban headlight has four settings: high, medium, low, and pulse (for daytime use). Cycling through these different functions is easy!
- To turn your light on simply press the power button once. This is your highest setting!
- To cycle through the different lights click the power button once again and your light will go from high, medium, low, to pulse and repeat.
- To power off your light hold the power button for 1 second.
Travel lockout mode is a way to lock your light off so that it will not accidentally turn on in your bag. This will help to preserve battery life.
When your light is off and unplugged, press and hold the power button for about 4 seconds. The indicator light will blink red 3 times activating travel lock out mode. To unlock press and hold the power button for about 4 seconds. The indicator light will blink green 3 times.
LOW BATTERY WARNING
When the battery of your Urban has reached 5-10% the light will flash every 3 minutes and the LED indicator will begin to flash red.
When your battery is dead, the light will flash for 12 seconds then shut off.
CHARGING YOUR URBAN
- Plug the USB charging cable into an appropriate USB port on your computer or wall adapter.
- Attach the USB cable to the appropriate charging port on your Urban.
- Once the battery is attached to the USB charger, a flashing red, amber, or green LED will illuminate on the back of the light indicating the level of charge.
- When the LED indicator remains a constant green, this is an indication the battery is fully charged
The Urban will charge from depleted to full in about 5 hours (2.5 hours for the Fast Charge models with a 2A USB adapter).
INDICATOR DURING CHARGE: INDICATOR DURING DISCHARGE:
0-25%: pulsing red 100-50%: solid green
25-50%: pulsing amber 50-25%: solid amber
50-99%: pulsing green 25-5%: solid red
100%: solid green 5-0%: flashing red
THERMAL MANAGAMENT – TOO HOT
Your light is designed with a thermal management system that will automatically dim if its temperature becomes too high. Once your light cools, it will return to its normal output. Remember, the light cools best if you are moving!
THERMAL MANAGAMENT – TOO COLD
When the battery is cold, its performance and capacity are diminished. Around 32 F, the light will lose around 15% of its capacity (runtime). As temperatures drop further, so will the runtime of the light. Wrapping your light with any type of insulation will improve its runtime in freezing temperatures.
LITHIUM ION BATTERY TIPS
The Lithium-Ion battery contained in your light will power you through many hundreds of rides and will serve you well if you care for it properly. The battery may lose charge slowly over time, and damage can occur if it drains too far, so please follow these simple guidelines:
- Try not to store the battery if its dead. Charge it up after you ride!
- Charge before your ride if it’s been in stored away for a week or more to get full runtime.
- For long term storage, charge your battery every 6 months.
Please send an email to our customer service team if you have any questions